30 March 2014

Meanwhile...

In between the Poncho and the Blanket, I have my hands full these days, but there have been other things happening in the meantime...


Spring being one of them! :) Oh, how lovely to spot the first buds and blooms here and there ! I have been taking a long walk in the park every morning for the past three weeks, and even though there have been foggy and frosty morns...




...the change of season has definitely been noticeable...





At home, spring has had an effect on my mood and my creativity. I have been decorating more with flowers...



...taking more pictures...


...and of course crocheting various little things...

...such as a gift for UK Mother's Day, which is today. Not for my own mum, who's French and therefore will have her own Mother's Day later this year, but for a special lady here in the UK, who is like a second mum to me. I bought a wicker heart from Paperchase, but thought it looked a bit bare as it was, so decided to adorn it with a simple crochet chain in variegated yarn spiralling all around it. I loved the result and so did the lady whom it was destined to. :)


I have also been tending to NFOs (Nearly Finished Objects), by weaving in ends (more on this one soon enough, I expect/hope)... 


...and have taught myself the basketweave crochet stitch.



I really love this stitch. It's deceptively simple to create and yet has such a dramatic effect. It's also perfect to create thick winter garments, and I can envision a pretty scarf for next winter. But for now, I intend to turn the two samples I have made into a little bag. So far, I have circled both rectangles with a row of double crochets (US single). I will block them and then assemble them, probably finishing the opening with a zip. Of course, I will have to line it as well. Oh dear, I am not looking forward to that. But we'll see. Perhaps by then, I will have purchased a sewing machine, making the whole process a little easier. Hopefully.

I hope you're enjoying the first few days of spring, wherever you are - well, in the Northern Hemisphere, anyway!

See you soon! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment