This weekend, for some reason, I decided to take them off the wall (there were now 12 of them), and I made just one more granny square (not an easy feat, because obviously, I'd completely forgotten what hook size I'd used for the other ones...). And here they are, all 13 of them:
The interesting thing when you go back to a long standing WIP is that you can definitely notice how your style has evolved over time. In my case, two years ago, my tension was still quite erratic and the tail ends I left where irritatingly short!
So once the (too short) ends had been woven in, I laid out my squares following these instructions and after some pondering decided to join them with a variegated contrasting yarn, shown below (a remnant of Sirdar Smiley Stripes, which I used also for this project).
All that was left to do was to crochet them together. I found out that was easier said than done. I have very poor spatial representation and couldn't quite get to grips with how to join continuously past the fold lines. So I made do:
And the last photo I took, the bag looked like this, the bottom ready to be folded over.
I have made progress since then, so will be back very soon with an update.
Until then, take care and thanks for reading! :)