12 October 2014

And yet another little gift bag!

Hello! As I told you in a recent post, I've been making little gift bags like there's no tomorrow. They're relatively quick to work up, and make perfect gifts, and I absolutely love giving each their own personality, depending on who they're going to.

So here's the latest one.


For this one, which went to a friend as a birthday gift, I used a variety of Phildar cotton yarn, brought back from one of my French travels. It is a scrumptious orange colour with patches of lighter orange and pink. Just by looking at it, I get the tangy taste of orange boiled sweets in my mouth. Yummy!

Anyway, this one was to be a mini scrubbies' bag, inspired by this one. I also decorated the pads with a row of contrasting surface crochet in the Phildar yarn.


Since the scrubbies are made entirely of puff stitches, they're quite thick, so I thought a wider base was in order. You can see it in the photo below:


I basically worked a few rows until I had a rectangle wide enough to contain the scrubbies put together, then started crocheting around it for the body of the bag.

The top was the usual row of alternated half trebles (US hdc), and then three or four rows of ruffling, which I think might have used up more yarn alone than the body of the bag itself. It is a very yarn-hungry technique indeed, but the result is so worth it:


I threaded the row of half trebles with a string of white cotton made of simple chains and decorated with a puff stitch flower at each end, so as to echo the stitch used in the pads.


There you have it, yet another little gift bag. As you can tell, I'm on a roll with these, they are such a joy to make! The next one is actually very nearly finished, and for once will be for myself :D As soon as the ends are woven in and the trimmings added, you'll be the first to know!

In the meantime, have a good week, everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment