26 March 2020

Baby Blanket

Hello everyone! How are you all in the current madness that is sweeping the world? I thought I'd take this opportunity to update my blog. So here I am, back for a bit of posting after another long absence. Mind you, I have excuses. I moved house not long after my last post but most importantly... I had another baby (who's recently turned one, haha!).


And can you spot that bit of crochet under those ickle tootsies? Yes! It’s a blanket! A blanket I made especially for said baby and that I managed to finish... er, almost in time for his arrival.

Go on, have a peek.


It’s a pixelated style solid granny square blanket, which had been on my list for a very long time. So what better excuse than a new baby to give it a go? But for the first time ever I used the join-as-you-go technique for solid granny squares, following this excellent tutorial. I have to say this technique really helped me carry on with the task, as I found it quite rewarding to see the blanket grow with every square. I’ve lost count of the many granny square projects I once started and never completed because I felt overwhelmed with the sheer amount of pieces. It also gives the joining a neat finish which I quite like.


The edging is made of rows of half trebles (US half double crochets) worked in the back loop with the very last row in clusters of 3 half trebles interspersed with slip stitches to create a subtle shell look. All very simple yet very effective.

It's become a favourite item in the household and has got loads of lovely comments from many people.

I hope everyone is ok and keeping safe in these strange and troubled times. Take good care of yourselves, my lovelies!

2 comments:

  1. Penguin crib sheets Really I enjoy your site with effective and useful information. It is included very nice post with a lot of our resources.thanks for share. i enjoy this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rainbow crib Sheets You made such an interesting piece to read, giving every subject enlightenment for us to gain knowledge. Thanks for sharing the such information with us to read this...

    ReplyDelete